Sunday 12 June 2011

Future Plans and Evaluation


After this exhibition I feel that this is not the appropriate format to have my work displayed. This is because the medium I generally work in is video, and this does not translate well into still images as usually displayed in galleries. I therefore believe an online showreel of my work will be more beneficial, however I will still need the skills I learnt about publicity and self promotion long after this project is finished.

Although if I was to have another exhibition I would have smaller print sizes available for visitors to purchase at a smaller cost so that they are generally more affordable because i failed to make a profit during this exhibition.


Summary of exhibition outcomes

After my 3 day exhibition I unfortunately only sold one A3 framed print. This meant I made £25, leaving me with a deficit of £55. Possible reasons for this disappointing result could be the lack of time I had to promote the event, which meant I was unable to raise the desired hype and knowledge about the event amongst my target audience. Other reasons could be linked to the fact that I was unable to contact local professionals and artists in the area.

On a positive note, the hits on my Vimeo account increased more than I had expected. As you can see from the screen shot below, In just one week the amount of people viewing went from 12 to 104. After seeing my showreel and viewing my vimeo account an acquaintance has also approached me about the possibility of making a short animation together.





In terms of the experience I have gained from this, I now realise how much effort is involved in the organisation and preparation of events of these kinds. I have also realised the importance of publicising the event appropriately in order to attract your desired audience. I will carry what I have learnt through to help me develop my final degree show.

No comments:

Post a Comment