Sunday 12 June 2011

Researching Exhibition Locations

As this was my first exhibition I knew that I wanted to have it local because i didn't want to overload myself and i also know that I don't have enough pieces of art or money to justify having a exhibition in central London that would involve traveling to and from.

I started by going to place's such as the local library and the local gallery and asking if they would allow me to display my work and if yes how much would it cost. I also went to the local council office to ask about local exhibition spaces but they said that really the only place was the local gallery The Greenstede Gallery. This was good as it was less then a 5min drive from my house but they charged £190.00 for a week which when I was trying to budget to around £100.00 (for everything) this wasn't very helpful.

I want to have my exhibition at Greenstede so i decided i will keep nagging to see if i could get a cheap cancellation at some point, other wise i was looking to see if i could find anywhere else

http://www.chequermead.org.uk/whats-on/gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment